In 1906 Henry Neville Gladstone, who owned the village of Burton, built the hall for the residents of Burton and Puddington and gave them a considerable amount of the surrounding land.
Gladstone Village Hall was enlarged after the First World War, and the stage was added after the Second World War. In the early days the hall was the centre of village activity with concerts, dances, plays, meetings and annual dinner dances.
The hall is a charity with three trustees and a management committee, which in addition to managing the hall organises various fund raising events such as The Village Fete in June, Bonfire Night in November and Christmas Fair in December.
The Hall is available for hire. The Hall has hosted numerous private events over the years from children’s parties, christenings, 21st birthdays, and wedding anniversaries. Recently, wedding receptions have become very popular, especially as couples can have their wedding at Ness Gardens, just down the road.
For more information email