The first built in 1866, on the line from Hooton, which terminated in Parkgate. With the building of the second station the site of this station was used for sidings for a rail connection with Neston Colliery. The site is now a public carpark, with direct access to The Wirral Way.
The second (photo above) was built in 1886, when the line was extended to West Kirby. Closed 1962 as a result of Dr Beeching’s report. The site of this station can be seen from the Wirral Way.
The narrow gauge rails and trolley commemorate Parkgate’s past rail links and also the mining activities in Little Neston and Ness. The large blocks in the feature are part of the supports for the bridge that used to take the railway over the Parkgate Road.