In 2019 a local developer converted the main building to offices, demolishing newer buildings, and will build houses. The main building is now used by the Russell Taylor Group, a recruitment company. The café has opened, and ateliers are used by craftspeople.
The historic garden was designed by the famous landscape designer Thomas Mawson in 1906. Today this is still as he intended, with geometric gardens on the east, south and north of the house. The east garden, through an ornamental stone gateway, is a sunken parterre overhung with mature trees. By contrast, the north garden is an elegant enclosure raised above the forecourt. From the terrace you look across the south garden, with yew hedges surrounding formal compartments on either side of a lily pond, to the fields beyond.
The Glasshouse is in the walled Garden. The 120ft long Edwardian Glasshouse has been assembled on the restored brick base. The Ice House is reached by a path from the south garden. The gardens were opened in May 2012 and are cared for by The Friends of Burton Manor Gardens.
The site comprises a number of listed structures: the main house, Burton Manor, is a Grade II listed building along with the former library, the stable block (Squirrel Lodge), ice house and the front boundary walls and gate piers. The park and grounds are on the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Interest at Grade II. The ice house is also a Scheduled Ancient Monument. The site lies within the Burton Conservation Area (designated in 1974), an Area of Special County Value for Landscape (ASCV) and the Green Belt, all governed by Cheshire West and Chester Local Authority (CWAC).