Help in finding childcare is available from Cheshire West and Chester’s Family Information Service: Merchants House Hamilton Place, Chester. CH1 2BE. 0800 0852 863 email@example.com
- Neston Primary School, Burton Road, Little Neston, Neston. CH64 9RE. A new Foundation Unit opened in 2022 for three to five-year-old children.
0151 832 6251 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Mice – Neston Methodist Church, Park St, Neston, CH64 3RB. Contact Margaret Heibel on 0151 336 6305
- Church Mice – Willaston Methodist Church, Neston Road, Willaston, Neston CH64 2TL 0151 327 3593
- Neston Early Support Centre – Neston Community & Youth Centre, Burton Road, Neston. CH64 9RE.
- Little Gems Pre-School – St Winefride’s RC Aided Primary School Mellock Lane Little Neston CH64 9RW.
07789 990 098 email@example.com
- Parkgate Pre-School – Parkgate Primary School, Brooklands Road, Parkgate, Neston. CH64 6SW.
0151 353 8168 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busy Bees – Liverpool Road, Neston.CH64 3RH. 0151 353 0324 or 0330 333 8133
- Woodfall Primary and Nursery School – Woodfall Lane, Little Neston, Neston.CH64 4BT. 0151 832 5020 email@example.com
From September 2013, schools in the CWaC area have a standardised school year, based on 195 days, which includes 5 INSET days.
- All terms will start on a Monday (or a Tuesday if the Monday is a Bank Holiday).
- October half term to be the last full week in October.
- The term dates surrounding the Christmas/ New Year Break remain unchanged.
- February half term will be the third week in February.
- The Easter Break will be named the Spring break and will be the first two full weeks in April.
- Easter will be observed via the Bank Holidays Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Whitsun half term break will be one week across all Primary, Secondary and Special schools.
- Where the school is open for part of a week, the school will be open for 3 or more days (to encourage good attendance).
- The five INSET days are to be designated by the individual school governing body, but there will be no more than two days (in any one term) set consecutively for this purpose.
The above information is taken from the CWAC Education Announcements website.
Burton Bishop Wilson Church of England Primary School
Puddington Lane Burton, Neston. CH64 5SE.
0151 336 3396 firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1724 by Bishop Thomas Wilson, the school is situated on the edge of the village of Burton. It had 74 pupils in 2021.
Willaston Church of England Primary School
Neston Road, Willaston, Neston. CH64 2TN.
0151 338 2421
The school opened in 1932. There were 208 students in 2021.
Neston High School
Neston High School – Raby Park Road, Neston. CH64 9NH.
0151 336 3902 email@example.com
Neston High School is an 11-18 rural comprehensive school of over 1700 students. We are oversubscribed, and many students travel from Chester, Wales, and Wirral. The school is in a three-storey building opened in September 2017. There were 1738 pupils in 2022.
Higher & Further Education
There are two universities in the immediate area. Liverpool University has a campus at Leahurst (Veterinary School), and at Ness Gardens. In addition Chester University has campus’ around the region too.
Train to Change is a non-profit company based in Ellesmere Port, offering vocational training and help with getting jobs. Students have got jobs as specialist fork-lift truck drivers at Aldi distribution centre locally as part of this programme.
West Cheshire College is a vocational college with campuses in Chester, Ellesmere Port and Crewe.
Adult Education & Life Long Learning
Join one of the clubs or societies in the Neston area that are open to all, such as the Parkgate Society, Burton and Neston History Society, Neston Civic Society or U3A (University of the 3rd Age) and learn about local history and local interests with one of their regular talks or lectures. Or you can find out more about gardening and horticulture through the Alpine Garden Society. The Burton Society meets to discuss a variety of topics.
Neston Community and Youth Centre on Burton Road, Neston, offers a wide range of courses.
Ness Gardens offer a wide range of gardening and horticulture courses including some RHS courses from the Welsh College of Horticulture.
Neston Community Cyber Centre is based at Neston Methodist Church, where you can use the internet or e-mail, learn how to use a computer with support from IT buddies.
Neston Library offers a huge range of learning opportunities, including computer facilities.