Neston Town Council was set up in 2009 so that the town of Neston would have greater influence with the borough council, as it would have a single representative voice expressed through a parish or town council. It’s responsibilities have grown considerably since then and its remit now includes:
- Managing Neston Friday market.
- Managing Neston Town Hall.
- Managing Neston Market Square.
- Owns and manages allotments in Raby Park Road, Marshlands Road and The Ropewalk.
Neston Town Council also:
- Provides floral decorations, public benches and has a greening plan.
- Has formulated with volunteers a Neighbourhood Plan to become part of planning law.
- Monitors mosquito infestation and part-funds combating measures.
- Provides replacement public transport in emergencies.
- Provides a website (neston.org.uk) partly maintained by volunteers.
- Supports tourism initiatives.
- Funds Christmas lights and public celebrations.
- Makes grants to local voluntary organisations.
- Promotes special activities in the Town Centre.
- Promotes the interests of Neston residents to Cheshire West & Cheshire Council and other statutory and commercial bodies.
- Works to improve local transport.
For information on any of these activities, and how you can support the work of the Town Council for the benefit of Neston please contact us:
Neston Town Hall
0151 336 3840