The Parkgate Society is a group of residents and others who sympathetically seek to improve our local environment and conserve the heritage of Parkgate, so that everyone can continue to enjoy its unique character.
We encourage interest in our community by:
- Publishing guide books.
- Creating community spirit.
- Issuing twice-yearly newsletters.
- Researching the history of Parkgate.
- Inviting interesting speakers to our monthly meetings, (September to May).
We work for the future by:
- Promoting our “Vision For Parkgate”, including Donkey Stand and other Parade improvements, Flower planters, Litter picking, Village signage.
- Promoting our aims and views through an active working relationship with Local councils and other organisations for the benefit of Parkgate.
- Creating a Historic Bronze plaque scheme and a Heritage Trail.
- Commenting, where appropriate, on local planning applications.
For more information see the Society website.