Distance 11 miles (16 km)
Nearest Railway Station: Neston (Wrexham/ Bidston line)
Nearest cycle repair: Pedal Power, Burton, NESTON 07502 370 261 until 8 p.m.
Begin the ride at the car park, Station Road NESTON CH64 9WE. Car parking is free. This route is available as a leaflet (Neston Cycle Town Family Cycle Route No. 1, Neston Circular) sponsored by Neston Town Council and Cheshire West and Chester Council.
- Exit car park right, up Station Road on NCN route 56 crossing Mellock Lane into the old railway cutting, (Wirral Way), and continue through Hadlow Road old station.
- Exit Wirral Way left at Heath Lane before the road bridge, following route 56 signs turning right and right again on a blind bend, TAKE CARE HERE. This takes you onto a farm track through Oak Farm. (BE AWARE OF FARM MACHINERY)
- Turn right on reaching Badgersrake Lane. You are now on cycle route 70.
- On reaching the A 540 turn immediately right onto a shared footpath. TAKE CARE here, then cross the A 540 using the Toucan crossing then left into Mudhouse Lane and left again through Burton Village, all on route 70; passing Burton Manor and the RSPB Burton Mere Wetland is close by.
- On leaving Burton Village take a left into Station Road, still on route 70. (If you stay on the Neston Road for a mile you will reach Ness Gardens). Someway down Station Road stop and visit Hampstons Well on the left which was used centuries ago. On reaching the bottom of Station Road continue right and follow route signs 568 with the marsh on your left. (Do not turn right into Denhall Lane).
- Continue on route 568 then right into Marshlands Road following the Route 568 signs through West Vale Estate to Flint Drive. Enter a small park, (Tanks Field) and follow the path.
- On leaving the park turn left into Church Lane under the bridge, (very narrow road which cars use). Turn left by the white cottage, The Nook onto the Wirral Way then left following signs Wirral Circular Route, back to the Station Road car park.