Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Carbon monoxide. The silent killer

Faulty gas appliances can release carbon monoxide which is a colourless,
odourless and tasteless gas, so it’s difficult to detect. Exposure to carbon
monoxide can be very harmful. A leaflet with explaining symptoms and what to do is available for download here.

If you smell gas or suspect carbon monoxide, call the National
Gas Emergency Service FREE on 0800 111 999* immediately.
It’s available 24 hours, 365 days a year. Their experts will tell you
what you need to do to until an engineer arrives.

Back to top